The main reason for my visiting Hong Kong were as follows: my boyfriend was there, I heard shopping there was incredible, food is amazing, and some of my friends were currently living there. I'm happy to say that I enjoyed an abundance of each of the aforementioned factors; I fell in love with the city from which so many of my Vancouver friends originated, I ate the most delicious food, I bought way too many things (but for amazingly cheap prices), and I visited two of my friends in their native environment.
While I will be writing a more in-depth post on my Hong Kong meanderings in the near future, I will list some of the top highlights from my trip here:
- I'm a sucker for noodle soup so I'm happy to say that I had some amazing bowls of soup during my trip-- both indoors and on the street.
- Shopping in Mong Kok at an extremely cheap boutique area where all of the "broke students" shop (a special thanks to my friend Natalie for showing me all of the best spots and bargaining for me).
- Watching my boyfriend constantly wipe his forehead and body with tissues because he can't stand the heat (I think I'm a sadist).
- Eating the most perfect mochi from a Hokkaido stall in Sogo: peach, chocolate, and melon flavours.
- Visiting all of the most famous areas of the city, such as Times Square, Lan Kwai Fong, and the Avenue of Stars.
- Finding out that the Hong Kong malls have way better sales promotions than in Singapore (thanks Zara!).
- Visiting another friend who currently works for Lane Crawford and infiltrating a secret lunch spot that only she and her colleagues know about.
- Meeting my boyfriend's family and having a delicious Thai and Vietnamese dinner with them (have you ever eaten fried rice out of a pineapple before?).
Top // Mong Kok Boutique (cost $4 CDN)
Clutch // Mong Kok boutique (cost about $11 CDN)
Necklace // Ladies Market (about $12 CDN)
Pants // Bread and Butter
Shoes // Aldo
Everything I am wearing in this post, except for the wedges, was recently acquired in Hong Kong. I was happy to finally get some street market shopping done in Asia-- I bought phone cases, this clear clutch, statement necklaces, and several incredibly cheap tops. When I return to Hong Kong, I'll be sure to save my wallet for the shopping there!