Pier Point of View
There’s one more day left before I jet off to Vegas once again! Words cannot adequately express how excited I am to have a mini-vacation after finishing school and enduring hectic work weeks (even though I know it will only get worse in the upcoming weeks). Other than the million foodie places that I’ll be hitting up in Vegas, I’ll be looking forward to shopping for both myself and the people on my Christmas list. I’ve already gotten started but my lack of progress (I’ve only finished maybe three or four) makes the task seem quite daunting. How are the rest of you doing with your lists?
In other news, I have recently realized after travelling so much within the past year to places (the Caribbean, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Vegas), I’ve become quite adept at packing light and in a practical manner. Here are some of my top five tips for quick and efficient packing:
1. Plan out your outfits beforehand so that you won’t pack any unnecessary pieces that will take up precious room in your luggage. This will also save you much time when getting ready in the morning for a full day of vacationing.
2. When packing, roll up soft items such as shirts and sweaters in order to create as much room as possible for those shiny new things that you’re planning to buy.
3. Be aware of the weather conditions for your planned destination before making any packing decisions. For instance, the Las Vegas weather forecast predicts that there will be highs of 18-19 degrees during my visit. As a result, I think I’ll be able to get away with wearing skirts, shorts, and crop tops as long as I wear long cardigans over and tights underneath.
4. When packing face wash and other cosmetics, visit your favourite stores such as Lush or Sephora for sample sizes of quality products.
5. If you are worried about saving space in your luggage, be sure to bring enough accessories (ie. belts, necklaces, hats, etc.) to create interesting new outfits even if you have to wear certain items more than once.
What are some of your best travel/packing tips?
Coat + Top // Topshop
Pants + Necklace // H&M
Sunglasses // Cotton On
Bag // Marc by Marc Jacobs
Cardigan // The Gap
Shoes // Zara
What are your plans for the first weekend of December? Hopefully the scramble to get your Christmas shopping done on time isn't becoming too stressful. Be sure to keep in mind that this season should be about love, compassion, and the birth of Christ, not just stress and constant commercialism.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!